Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Hello there, folks. Who am I? My name is Michael and it's nice to meet you all!

I'm now a brand-new Independent Beachbody Coach. I'm currently in the middle of my own transformation with P90X and Insanity.

This January of 2012, I tipped the scales at 287 pounds. As a 24-year old kid, that's a sad thing. I began gaining weight really quick as soon as I got into university. Go figure! I was independent and doing my own thing with friends, not minding my own body in the meantime. However, it's not like I was rail-thin when I graduated high school. I was up to about 240 then. I've always been a bit heavy growing up due to the typical American meals at home. My grandma also especially loved cooking for me.

I first found out about P90X when I looked through Google for workout programs and then saw a Youtube channel about Josh Spencer. Basically everybody in the Beachbody world know of him and he has had fascinating results in just 3 months of P90X. From there, I instantly researched more and more about the program and if it was authentic or not.

It turned out to be when my friend and I ordered it and did the first few weeks of the program. I lost 17 pounds just like that. Although, I never tracked my nutrition and weren't involved in an active community to keep me going. I stopped and went back to my old habits.

A couple years later, I found out about Wayne Wyatt, the 2011 Top Beachbody Coach. The second I saw his "after" picture, my jaws dropped and I knew I had found someone special to coach and push me through the wall to success. I checked out his website at www.teamripped.com and it was full of articles covering a huge range of topics from nutrition to motivation to body fat calipers.

That was just what I needed to get started again!

January 13, 2012--- 287 pounds.
April 15, 2012--- 246 pounds.

41 pounds lost in 90 days. I was ecstatic for my results. I didn't come anywhere near where many of the success stories people had achieved in 90 days but I knew I had a couple more rounds to go- which is fine with me! My nutrition was about 80% clean, which is no-good. Here we go again-

April 16, 2012--- 246 pounds.
June 26, 2012--- 218 pounds. (in-progress)

I am 2 weeks away from finishing my second round of a strong hybrid consisting of P90X, Insanity, Tony Horton's One on One, and P90X Plus. I am on pace for 35-40 pounds, which is very close to my first round  results.

I will continue to update my results as I go through each month. My third round will start July 16, 2012.

Bring it!


No comments:

Post a Comment